You’re midway through the wedding planning process and you feel like pulling your hair out. What is a bride to do?
“Weddings can be very stressful,” said Ashley Fonzo, director of sales and events for Irem Clubhouse in Dallas, Pennsylvania. “Make sure that halfway through the process, you take time to step back, review what you’ve planned, and re-evaluate what decisions you still need to make.”
Ashley suggests you and your fiancé plan a day to do something together as a couple, i.e. go to your favorite restaurant, and chat about the rest of your wedding plans, making sure you’re both on the same page.
“It’s easy to take in so many opinions that are not your own, or run with what you’re supposed to do or what tradition tells you to do, rather than what you wanted to do in the first place,” Ashley said. “Don’t forget what you both wanted in the beginning [of the process].”
In other words, take a moment to relax and breathe. “Don’t get so wrapped up in planning that you forget why you decided to get married in the first place,” she said.
By this time in the process, most major decisions have been made, i.e. you’ve booked your venue and all of your vendors (florist, photographer, DJ), ordered your wedding dress and tuxedo, secured your bridal party attire and have a plan B in case it rains during your (outdoor) ceremony.
Here are a few more items to cross off the to-do list before the big day:
- Plan your rehearsal dinner, making sure your wedding party is in order.
- Pick out the processional and recessional songs for the ceremony.
- Choose the song for your first dance and/or the parent dances. Send a final song list to the DJ or band.
- Send a desired shot list to the photographer or videographer.
- Send out your invitations about three to four months before the wedding (Save- the-Dates can go out about six to eight months prior). “You can always send the Save-the-Dates out as your Christmas card if you want to combine the two and save postage,” Ashley said.
- Purchase your wedding party gifts, such as jewelry for your bridesmaids to wear during the wedding. Men tend to purchase cuff links, watches or flasks for the groomsmen.
- Set up a hair consultation at the salon, so you know how you will look on your wedding day. Visit Pinterest for ideas on updos and other styles. Order a hairpiece if you want a pin or barrette, along with your veil.
Now all the details have been nailed down, get ready to enjoy your big day – stress-free!